Welcome to myHearingTest.net! Bookmark this page and run our hearing test periodically to monitor your hearing.
This website offers you the easiest, fastest, but also one of the best hearing tests on the Internet, relying on the remote calibration procedure developed for AudioCheck.net. This calibration assures higher confidence in the test results than any other online hearing loss test.
Unlike other sites on the web, myHearingTest.net is not affiliated with any hearing aid manufacturer, and has no incentive to make you upset about your hearing ability. As a PhD engineer and professional sound designer, I always wanted to find an independent and reliable tool to assess my hearing. As I couldn't find any, I designed my own and put it online. The test originally appeared on AudioCheck.net. This improved version uses better test tones and a nicer user interface.
This online hearing test offers a convenient way to check your hearing over time, allowing you to detect a possible hearing loss or a degradation of your hearing as soon as possible, without the need to consult an audiologist for this routine check. Although this website has not been designed as a substitute for a proper hearing test, it will give you valuable information regarding your hearing when you need to:
- confirm your good hearing, and take a snapshot of your audiogram for future reference
- confirm if your hearing has returned back to normal after your ears were stressed, such as during an extremely loud concert
- precisely track how your hearing evolves over time
- confirm your suspicions about a possible hearing loss
- keep track of your hearing after your visit to your audiologist or primary care physician
- assess the performance of your hearing aid(s)
- diagnose hearing aid deficiencies
The three next sections take you through the actual hearing test. The rest of the page will give you information about hearing loss, audiograms, and how to get the most reliable results out of this page's hearing test.
Although these test files have been carefully designed, this website is not a substitute for a proper hearing test. You are encouraged to consult an audiologist as soon as you seriously feel concerned about a possible hearing loss. Beware, some of the audio tests tones can be damaging if used improperly. You will be safe though by following the sound level calibration procedure and always starting by playing the quieter files first.